Re: How to handle whitespace in filenames ???

> If Unix were just being developed today, without thirty years of history
> and backward-compatibility to worry about, I'd submit a bug report for
> things like this. I understand why it works the way it does; I just
> think it was a mistake.

While it doesn't concern whitespace at all, really, Miguel de Icaza
(sp?.. yes, the Gnome Guy) has a great essay on his site that was widely
published called "Let's make Unix Not Suck" .. or something along those
lines. Good read if you have a moment.

Adaptability and modernization.. even for things as trivial as
whitespace in file names.. is essentially for the progression and
survival of *nix/*bsd systems.

cheers,
Matt