Re: What's a debian kid look like?

This debian kid:

I am a 22 year old programmer working at the Washington University Genome
Sequencing Center in St. Louis. I do my work in perl, c, and php. The GSC
is almost exclusively a perl shop. The GSC has been a bastion of Sun
Microsystems since it's inception but lots of linux/intel machines
have been showing up recently.

Outside of work I do tech stuff at the St. Louis Independent Media Center
[www.stlimc.org],  Read, participate and plan political actions , and try
to eat stuff that tastes good and is good for me. I run competitively,
rock climb, hike, and have worked for entire growing seasons on organic
farms.

I am in the process of moving into an urban housing collective in St.
Louis and generally consider myself anarchist and primitivist with a
paradoxical addiction to digital technology.

I love free software and wish that there was more free hardware. ;) The
'digital divide' bothers me and I am VERY interested in getting something
like the Yellow Network Coalition [http://www.ync.org] going in St. Louis.

I am currently listening this stuff mostly:
	Ani Difranco's new album "revelling and reckoning"
	Radio Head "Kid A" and "Amnesiac"
	Wilco "Yankee Hotel Fox Trot"
	The Mountain Goats [http://www.themountaingoats.net]
	Benjamin Britten's War Requiem
	Aphex Twin  "Come to Daddy"
        Bjork "Vespertine"
  	Bruce Springsteen "Tom Joad"
        Random Belle and Sebastion

Recently read non fiction:
	"Blowback, Costs and Consequences of American Empire"
	"Life is a Miracle, an Essay against Modern Superstition"
	"Science of Coercion, Communication Research and Psychological
        Warfare 1945 - 1960"
	"Nickel and Dimed, on (Not) getting by in America"
	"The Botany of Desire, A Plant's-Eye View of the World"

Recently read fiction:
	"All The Pretty Horses", Cormack Mccarthy
	"The Long Home", William Gay

Tom Hallaran
Informatics
http://genome.wustl.edu/gsc/INFO/Staff/thallara
Washington University Genome Sequencing Center
314-286-1114
thallara@watson.wustl.edu