Re: How to handle whitespace in filenames ???

Mike Kuhar wrote:

> How about:
>
> find /etc -name pump\* -print
>
> The \* supplies the wild card pump to find.  So any instance of pump and what
> follows is listed.  To find the instance of the file 'pump it' in /etc of any of
> it sub-directories.
>
> find /etc -name pump\* -print | grep 'pump it'

Please, re-read my example, again ;>

You are grepping filenames -- I am grepping inside the named files . . .

--

Best Regards,

mds
mds resource
888.250.3987

Our capacity for understanding is inversely proportional to how much we
think we know.  The more I know, the more I know I don't know . . .