Re: nVidia: *better* TV out quality?
- To: Steffen Evers <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Cc: "debian-user \(en\)" <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: nVidia: *better* TV out quality?
- From: Timo --Blazko-- Boewing <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: 19 Dec 2001 23:03:31 +0100
- Message-id: <1008799415.590.11.camel@monolith>
- In-reply-to: <20011219213117.GA945@darkstar>
- References: <1008793245.678.2.camel@monolith> <20011219213117.GA945@darkstar>
On Wed, 2001-12-19 at 22:31, Steffen Evers wrote:
> Can you hint to a document
> or anything how I can use the TV out. What do I need to get the DRI
DRI: mh, isn't it on by default? I just had to set DGA (loadmodule) once
for a TV card (ALDI, die Monokarte :-)) had to be run.
If not already, the first step is to get the latest binary drivers from
nvidia.com->drivers->linux, use the dist-independent tarballs and follow
the instructions in INSTALL.
After "make" has been done (installs the binary drivers and compiles &
installs a kernel module interface as well as documentation).
Insert NVdriver into /etc/modules to autoload the driver module each
The doc under /usr/share/doc/nvidia has several docs and X samples,
including one dedicated for TV out. Besides that, here some excerpts
from my X config for minimal config and use (== no extra features like
twin view etc.).:
# add this section for your second display devide, i.e. the TV
Device "NVidia GeForce"
ViewPort 0 0
Option "TVStandard" "PAL-B" #germany
Option "ConnectedMonitor" "TV"
# add this section and uncomment it to use the TV as output device and
# restart X
# normally, uncommenting it can be avoided by starting X with the
# serverlayout param, but this did not worked for me :-(
# Identifier "UseTV"
# Screen "ScreenTV"
# InputDevice "Stick" "CorePointer"
# InputDevice "Keyboard" "CoreKeyboard"