Re: nVidia: *better* TV out quality?

On Wed, 2001-12-19 at 21:11, Jake Di Toro wrote:

Hello Jake

> This is not a Debian/Linux thing.
Is e.g. Mozilla a Debian/Linux thing as often discussed here??? :0)

Okay, let us get serious here: I was wondering if maybe a free software
package oriented to this "problem" is out there that maybe hang itself
into X or framebuffer, so having nothing to do with nVidia etc. On the
other hand, the Chrontel seems to be very spread, thus not affecting
nVidia only.

>The problem is that nVidia TVOut
> sucks.
That's true in some way.

> See the latest article on tomshardware.com for more instances of
> this.  Seems it's a long running complaint w/ nVidia Cards.
Was not there for a long time, but thanx for the tip, i will consult the
page.

> Other than that I would suggest ATI if TVOut is that important to you.
>From a software's point, over the years i had serious problems with ATI
cards, no matter what OS (Win, Lin, BeOS, FreeBSD). And it is hard to
exchange the VGA of my laptop :-).

Thanx for your hints and kind regards,

Timo