Re: nVidia: *better* TV out quality?

At 09:02 PM 12/19/2001 +0100, Timo --Blazko-- Boewing wrote:
I am using sid w/ X 4.1 and use the latest nVidia dirvers and kernel
module interfaces. I use a Toshi 3000-100 laptop with a Geforce2Go w/ a
Chrontel TV out chipset.
TV-out works fine so far, but i would like to get to know your
experiences. What is disturbing is this (on the TV device):

-screen width not fully used (two black borders left and right)
-distorted picture on sharp contrasts (e.g. on detailed pictures), looks
like flimmering blue spots
-bad colours, even when adjusting i cannot get nearly the colours as
seen on the display

anyone knows about X settings or filtering software that can smooth the
picture. I primary use it for watching DVDs using TV-out, as long as i
got no standalone hardware DVD player :-(   *g

Right now i am searching the web for specs, but most software hints etc.
touch the windoze world :0(

Your experiences with GeforceX TV outputs???
Thanx for any hints and comments.

This is not a Debian/Linux thing. The problem is that nVidia TVOut sucks. See the latest article on tomshardware.com for more instances of this. Seems it's a long running complaint w/ nVidia Cards. There's a site that has a tool for workarounds in the Windows world at www.tvtool.com . Other than that I would suggest ATI if TVOut is that important to you.