KDE overwrites /etc/mailcap

Greetings:

  I use KDM to run my x-sessions.  This has been working out well and fine,
  except for the fact that everytime I log out of a session and KDM comes
  up, it overwrites my /etc/mailcap entries with all these really annoying
  Konqueror defaults (ex.:  It feels that I should use Konqueror to view any
  HTML messages I get in Mutt!).  Is there anyway to disable this behavior?
  Kind of a pain in the butt.  Thanks!
--
I have spoken.

J. Rashaad Jackson                                UNIX Systems Administrator
2032 Samuel T. Dana Building                                (W) 734.615.1422
Ann Arbor, MI 48109                                         (M) 734.846.4084