Re: High Point 370 RAID + Debian

Hi,
I also have the HPT 370 RAID controller and would like to use it with
Debian.  I would like to set up a stripped array of 2 30gig drives.  I
built a 2.4.16 kernel with the CONFIG_BLK_DEV_ATARAID_HPT configured
in, and copied it to the install floppies.  I then set up the RAID
through the HPT bios settings and booted from the floppies.  The
kernel saw the drives connected to the RAID IDE buses, but failed to
recognize them as a single unit.  The drives are listed as /dev/hde
and /dev/hdg.  according to the help section of
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_ATARAID_HPT it should be /dev/ataraid/dXpY.  Any help
or advice would be greatly appreciated.

---
andy