High Point 370 RAID + Debian

First of all, i should specify that i'm a linux newbie. I can get around in linux, but don't know how to do any of the complicated stuff (i.e. compiling a custom kernel)

I have a High Point 370 RAID PCI card installed on this computer, with two hard drives in RAID 0, and i want to install Debian. High point (http://www.highpoint-tech.com) provides some linux drivers for 4 specific distros, and debian isn't one of them (Redhat and SuSE are the ones i remember). I've never worked with modules/drivers in linux, so i have no idea what i'm doing, but i was told that i can recompile the kernel on the debian install disks with the module that High Point provides for red hat, and then install it. Can anybody 1) verify that this is possible or give me another solution and 2) tell me how i would go about doing it?

Thank you very much,
-Trevor