Re: newbie installation question

On Wed, Dec 19, 2001 at 02:05:45AM -0700, Paul Scott wrote:
> This part seemed to go fine.

Did you use the /net parameter?

> >Then as user I ran "setup" from that directory and
> >it created in the user's home directory a small localized file structure
> >with symlinks to /usr/local/...'s files.
>

> There is only one setup (with an accompanying symlink) which behaves the
> same as the setup which did the install.  It recognizes that there is
> now a version installed and gives me the choices to modify, repair or
> uninstall.  In trying possibilities as user, repair tries unsuccessfully
> to replace many object files but can't because of permissions.

Try running /usr/local/openoffice/program/soffice as user and see what
it does.

Johann
--
Johann Spies          Telefoon: 021-808 4036

     "And the angel said to her, " Do not be afraid, Mary;
      for you have found favor with God. And behold, you
      will conceive in your womb, and bear a son, and you
      shall name Him Jesus."       Luke 1:30,31