HELP! did something incredably stupid

Hello,

Is there a way to retreive information about the size of an ext2
partition?

I filled the first 1024 bytes of my harddisk with zeros, because LILO did
not want to downgrade. I realised too late that this would wipe out my
partition table as well. I have been able to recreate a new partition
table with only one partition and luckily my systems boots. Problem is
that I had two partitions: first my ext2 and at the end a swap partition.
I do not know where my (original) first partition ended.

Can anybody help me out?

Thanks in advance,
Sebastiaan

--
  NT is the OS of the future. The main engine is the 16-bit Subsystem
  (also called MS-DOS Subsystem). Above that, there is the windoze 95/98