Re: VMWare

On Tue, 18 Dec 2001, Marcelo Chiapparini wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I would like to know if anyone in this list is using VMWare Workstation in
> order to run flavours of Windows with Debian GNU Linux as the host machine.

It works great for me. Woody/sid on a dual P450 with 768MB ram. I run NT
under VMWare. I even run VNC on it and access my office VMWare from home
over 4Mb ADSL.

Beware, however, that the support sucks. Sucks bigtime. You get no support
until you buy the product so if you cannot get the demo up and running
you'll be in a tough spot. This is backwards to most other companies
that I've delt with, who bend over backwards _until_ you buy the
product! ;-) It's as if the company has only 3 employees.

...RickM...