Re: Installing the other OS by cp -ax

On Tue, Dec 18, 2001 at 04:29:28PM +0100, Emiel Metselaar wrote:
| On Tuesday 18 December 2001 16:29, dman wrote:
| > On Tue, Dec 18, 2001 at 04:06:56PM +0100, Emiel Metselaar wrote:
| >
| > | sys c:
| >
| > I did this once.  Destroyed the disk!  I don't recommend doing it
| > again.

Oh, yeah, I forgot to mention also that fdisk would not work on the
disk after I tried sys.

| Ruining of the disk sounds a little bit strange to me by this
| operation..... Was the disk not already crappy ;-)

Possibly.  It is also possible that the DOS 3.3 version of sys.com was
buggy and idn't work right.  It is possible that that version of sys
will only work on a floppy.

-D

--

If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his
cross and follow me.  For whoever wants to save his life will lose it,