Re: how do I play divx encoded films on testing?

On Monday 17 December 2001 6:51 pm, Matt wrote:
> Alan,
>
> mplayer still relies on some win32 codecs -- these will soon be replaced
> by linux native/gpl'ed codecs.  Is that what you're talking about? If
> it's only dvd that's not working, you probably need libcss (the
> supposedly illegal library) to play it.  You can grab all of this.. or
> at least tips on where to find it.. at the mplayer site mentioned below.

I do have libcss and libdvdread

I need to use mplayer -dvd 1 rather than -vcd 2

It was with a dvd - it now works as far as playing what I assume is the first
.vob file and then stops with end of file.  (logged in as normal user with
cdrom group rights)

> Try running mplayer as root when reading a dvd -- if it works, at least
> you know where to start fixing.  I'm pretty sure yours is a problem of
> css decrypting, though...s

Ahh - now the movie seems to play past the first end of file - I think this
must be a permissions problem - someone has said add write access to the dvd
device - I will have to look into this.

> cheers,
> Matt
>
> On Sat, 2001-12-15 at 21:44, Alan Chandler wrote:

- --

  Alan - alan@chandlerfamily.org.uk
http://www.chandlerfamily.org.uk