Ncurses on PCs

Hi,

I am taking C++ and Data Structures courses at San Francisco State and most of my programs use ncurses. I understand that ncurses is a package of functions in the UNIX library for use in C and C++ programs. Is there any way I can download these funtions and use them from my home computer ( i want ncurses to be run on PC.) because sometime I can't connect to my school.  Can I install Linux on my home computer and then compile and run C programs using ncuses? And how can I install Linux and Windows on the same machine?

Thank you for your time.
Cuong Tran