Re: JBoss & Linux Threads

Hi Greg!

Thanks for your reply!

On Sun, 16 Dec 2001, Greg Wiley wrote:

> On Sunday, December 16, 2001 8:52 AM, Holger.Rauch@heitec.de

> [...]
> Linux is obviously multi-threaded but I think they
> are referring to so-called "lightweight" threads.
> IIRC, Linux creates intra-process threads via the
> same mechanism it uses to create processes--i.e.
> each thread uses up one available process in the
> table.

So the "bad" thing about this is that you need one PID for each
thread? What's the advantage of lightweight threads compared to
intra-process threads.

> [...]
> I'm just getting JBoss going in Linux.  It's working
> fine for me but I haven't checked performance vs.
> Windows.

Could you describe your installation a little further? How many concurrent
users are there in your installation? Did you have to tune some kernel/JVM
parameters to make it work (better)?

> The OL manual's claim of doubled per-
> formance under Win is a bummer, if true.  Remember,
> though, the online JBoss manual is the original one
> and not the official one.

What's the URL for the official JBoss manual? Haven't found it.

Thanks for your info!

Greetings,

	Holger