Re: ifconfig question

On Sun, Dec 16, 2001 at 02:45:26PM -0800, Paul 'Baloo' Johnson wrote:
| I'm wondering if there's any way to increase the value at which the
| recieved and transmitted bytes and packets roll over to 0?

Most likely : use a bigger int in the driver (kernel) and recompile it.
What does it roll over at now?  If it is (2**31)-1 then it is already
using a 32 bit int which is the biggest natural int on a x86 machine
(not ia-64).

-D

--

For society, it's probably a good thing that engineers value function
over appearance.  For example, you wouldn't want engineers to build