Resetting modem permissions

It seems as though debian unstable [also with woody] resets the permissions on my modem's port ever so often.

Does anyone what is likely to cause this ?

A check of the web identfies mgetty and linuxconf as the usual suspects - but i don't have either installed.

I do have the bastille script installed but this was happening before I installed and I was cognizant of this type of problem when I installed bastille.

Thanks in advance

--
Eagles may soar, free and proud, but weasels never get sucked into jet engines.