Re: Best debian for me

Justin R. Miller muttered:
> Say you've got a testing install.  Is it better to just pull in sources
> from unstable as well, or to actually dist-upgrade to unstable?  As I
> understand it, unstable is a moving target.  What would be the
> difference?  I dist-upgraded to testing, but most of my packages are
> from unstable.
I've successfully done the trick of adding unstable to my apt sources
list, then apt-get installing apt (the new version from unstable), then
setting up my apt configuration so that by default I get testing
version, but if I specifically get an unstable version, e.g.,

  apt-get upgrade mozilla/unstable

It stays at the unstable version. Others more proficient than I have
described the technique in better detail on this list.

HTH, Paul
--
Paul Mackinney       |   Who profited from Sept 11?
paul@mackinney.net   |   http://www.copvcia.com/