Unidentified subject!

My server seems to be booting into runlevel 2 (default) but not finishing loading something. I login at the command prompt, start inetd, then I can connect with telnetd - but it won't authenticate and says that the system is still booting.

The system lost power, and that is why I believe it is doing this. It comes up and fsck's the partitions everytime it boots, even if shutdown properly. I have mounted all partitions read-only and manually fsck'ed them all, still same thing.

If anyone knows how to fix this - or might consider doing a conference call with me and my data center in California to try and get this issue fixed I'd be VERY appreciative (word? dunno, my new word though). If you want to do a conference call and we get the problem fixed I'll PayPal you $50.

Thanks,
Jayson