Re: No GnuCash in woody?

On Sat, Dec 15, 2001 at 01:43:40PM -0700, Paul Scott wrote:
| dman wrote:
|
| > On Wed, Dec 12, 2001 at 08:01:22PM -0500, Stan Brown wrote:
| > | I'm building a new woody system. I just tried to add GnuCash using dselect,
| > | but searching for cash in dselect did not turn up anything.
| >
| > It used to be the same version as potato (really old).  Get it from
| > sid.  Unfortunately gnucash has a mess of dependencies, which is why
| > it hasn't gotten to woody yet (any versions).  I have 1.6.4-2.0.1.
|
| I am downloading 1.6.4-1 right now from gnucash.org.  Can you post what
| you think it would take to get it running on woody?

Whatever is in the Depends: line ('apt-cache show gnucash').  When I
did my install, I went to packages.debian.org and downloaded the
gnucash deb.  Then I tried "dpkg -i ...", and went back and downloaded
everything dpkg said was missing.  Then I did "dpkg -i ..." again
(including the other packages also).  Repeat until install is
successful.

-D

--

Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul.
Rather be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell.