Re: My nVidia folly :(

On Sat, 2001-12-15 at 16:17, Jonathan D. Proulx wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 15, 2001 at 03:55:57PM +0100, Mario Vukelic wrote:
>
> :I have a TNT also and no probs (single CPU though). I use the debs for
> :both glx and kernel.
>
> There's .deb's! now I really feel like a fool...

:o)=)

Since the drivers are proprietary, the debs download the NVIDIA-*.tar.gz
files from the nvidia site. You must do a tar zxvf nvidia-kernel-src in
/usr/src, make-kpkg modules_image in your kernel source dir and a
debian/rules build; fakeroot debian/rules binary in
/usr/src/nvidia-glx-1.0.2313 after download to get all the debs.
The debs take care of all the OpenGL/mesa library magic. Tweaking of
XF86Config-4 is needed, but straightforward after reading nvidia's
README in /usr/dic/nvidia-glx-src
Feel free to mail me/the list if you've got probs.

Kind regards, M.

--

I did not vote for the Austrian government