Re: Problems compiling kernel 2.4.16 under woody

On Sat, Dec 15, 2001 at 10:41:17 +0100, Armin Wegner wrote:
> I have installed one of the first potato releases from cd on a blank hard
> disk and compiled kernel 2.4.16. Fine.
>
> I then upgraded with apt-get to yesterdays woody/testing and no longer
> manage to compile the same sources.

Known problem with the 2.4.16 kernel source. Older versions of binutils
accepted what it did, newer ones don't. Either enable CONFIG_HOTPLUG
or patch your kernel sources to 2.4.17-rc1.

HTH,
Ray
--
"Perhaps they spent some of the time writing the patent application. That
task was surely harder than thinking of the technique."