Re: apt-get update: Could not connect...

On Thu, Dec 13, 2001 at 01:49:50PM -0500, Rudolf Dovicin wrote:
| Hello.
| When I want to update Packages.gz files by "apt-get update",
| I can see messages like:
|
|   Could not connect to http://ftp ...
| Err http://ftp ...
|   Something wicked happend resolving 'ftp ...
| Err http://ftp ...

Usually this means your network interface isn't up.  (like if I turn
on the laptop, but forget to "sudo ifup eth0" first)

| My /etc/apt/app.conf file is:

| Acquire
| {
|   Retries "0";
|   http
|   {
|     Proxy "http://proxy.ynet.sk:8080/";
|   };
| };

Hmm, you're using a proxy.  Can you get to the proxy?  Is the proxy
proxying you?   Are you trying to use ftp apt sites, or http?

-D

--

Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet
and a light unto my path.