Re: Printing to HP Laserjet 1100

On Thu, 2001-12-13 at 10:31, Pedro Zorzenon Neto wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>    I have a HP Laserjet 1100 printer. It works ok with magicfilter.
>    In the Debian machine with magicprinter, it prints about 2 pages
> per minute.
>    Using the driver that came with it, in a machine with other Pseudo-OS
> that I wont say the name here :-) it prints 8 pages per minute.
>
>    I am using the same 600x600 resolution in both tests.

What are you printing (and how did you configure your printer)?
actual transformation from file format to printer language is done by a
large variety of programs depending on the format of your file and the
way you want to use your printer

>    It seems that the faster driver implements some data compression and
> data is sent quickly to the parallel port. (not sure about this)

Or that it does not need to be transformed (much more probable)

Michel.