Re: Mutt "From Address"

On Wed, Dec 12, 2001 at 10:53:06AM -0500, Justin R. Miller wrote:
| Thus spake Titty Jacob (titty@meconline.org):
|
| > Just see the from address of this mail.  It gives the "To Address" as
| > the from address.  How shall I configure mutt to put 'my from address'
| > as my from address.
|
| Mutt does this based on the value(s) in $alternates, as well as your
| $index_format.  For mail that you send and then receive a copy of (like
| to a list), by default it shows you the address you sent to, rather than
| the from address (you).

Oh!  Now I see where you are looking at.

set index_format="%4C %Z %{%b%d} %-15.15n(%4l) %s"

this is like the default, but it displays the from address instead of
the list address for "subscribed" lists.

-D

--

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own
understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your