Re: numlock and twm [was Re: get leds on after bootup. Newbie #61]

Hi,

a good thread going here .......... _but_

a. am running in console mode so have no fears of what will happen
in x mode
b. i still am unsure of what to do after finding out that debian
does not use rclocal and not comprehending the instructions given
by Colin (as per my 9th Dec reply).

Can anyone please amplify Colins instruction at a really basic
level.

Thanks
Ian

> > >=20
> >=20
> >   note that numlock is generally considered a modifier in X (and
> >   is set
> > up as modifier in debian) and can screw up your keyboard bindings
> > (mostly in WM but for some other apps asd well)
> >=20
> > 	erik
>
> Not until I recently started to use GnuCash and needed NumLock, had
> I bothe= red=20 to get my severly customized .twmrc to behave even
> under NumLock. As long a= s X uses NumLock as a modifier, I'd say
> it is a good thing that it is not on by= =20 defualt.

   Ian Balchin
   Fables Bookshop, 119 High Street, Grahamstown, 6139, South Africa
   email  fables@imaginet.co.za
   Phone or Fax +27-(0)46-636-1525
   cell:  083-495-7353  sms 0834957353@sms.co.za
   Founder Member Southern African Book Dealers Association
   http;//www.imaginet.co.za/fables
      In literature, as in love, we are astonished at what is chosen
   by others.