Re: kdm

On Tuesday 11 December 2001 05:02, Goeman Stefan wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Like Bob Underwood said. You can edit the users and session types by using
> the control center and go to system/login manager.
>
> With respect to your strange kdm behaviour. I remember that during the
> install, the
> system asks a question like "Configuration files for kdm already exist. Do
> you want to use
> this configuration file or do you want to use the config file provided in
> the package?".
> The default is using your old config file. Perhaps you answered this
> question differently
> in both upgrades?
>
> Greetings,
>
> Stefan.

I have the kde, etc., from unstable on an otherwise woody system (works
wonderfully, btw).  There was a previous version on unstable that caused the
same behavior on my system that you describe.  It was fixed rather quickly
though, by a dpkg -P kdm followed by apt-get -t unstable install kdm.

My experience is that the kde on unstable holds together lots better than
what may be in woody as not all updated packages migrate at the same time,
and that Ivan (the maintainer) keeps it totally compatible with woody.

Perhaps, if it's still causing problems ask on the debian-kde list.

bob