Re: Problems upgrading kernel

On Sunday 09 December 2001 18:58, William P Martin wrote:
> Running dslelect and getting kernel-source-2.4.14.tar.bz2
> bunzip2 and untar the source
> menuconfig
> make-kpkg -rev cusotm.1 kernel_image
> dpkg --install newkernelimage.deb
>
> Then I reboot. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Please keep posting about your problem and discoveries, I'm installing
a Potato proxy which uses DHCP as client to get an IP from the ISP and
as server to assign internal IPs to my internal network. I got it
working (thanks to people on this list) and upgraded to woody
yesterday, the next step is recompiling my old kernel to a new 2.4.13.
I'm sure you can get better help if you provide more feedback.

Daniel
--
"There is no spoon..." - The Matrix