Re: Install with some packages from stable and some from testing

"Randolph S. Kahle" <RandyKahle@KahleAssociates.com> writes:

> I am running the stable release on my machines.
>
> I would like to run the more recent version of Samba (as found on
> testing).
>
> Is it possible to edit the /etc/apt/sources.list file and use apt-get to
> install just samba from testing and leave the rest of the packages at
> the stable release?

You'd need the apt from testing to do this (using pinning, which is
notoriously difficult to grok).

Alternatively, you could pull down the testing source and build your
own samba package.

--
Brian Nelson <nelson@bignachos.com>
BigNachos@jabber.org