Re: Update to X 4.1.0-10 overwrote my XF86Config-4

Jeffrey W Baker <jwbaker@acm.org> writes:
JWB> Today's update to X in unstable overwrote my XF86Config-4 without even
JWB> asking permission.  My config file was very tweaked.  Why does this
JWB> happen?

See Debian bug #123053 (serious).

(Reading/filing reports in the Debian BTS tends to be a far more
effective way of getting problems fixed than asking about them on
debian-user; a fair number of developers don't read debian-user at
all, and so your problem will never reach them.  If you're going to
run unstable, you should probably be comfortable with basic usage of
the bug-tracking system, and it's almost certainly in your better
interest to read debian-devel as well, since major changes in the
distribution tend to be discussed there.)

	-- Abra Mitchell