Re: Requesting a trackball recomendation

John,

> I'm curious,
>
> What is a trackball good for?
>
> why would I want one over a normal mouse?

I find them a lot more comfortable to use all day long because you
don't wind up moving your arm and wrist around on the table like
you do with a mouse.  Your hand stays stationary on the trackball
and your fingers do the moving.  Much better than a mouse if you
are starting to show signs of carpal tunnel syndrome (sore wrist,
numbness in the fingers, etc.).

And I also use the Logitech Trackman Marble FX.  I've been tempted
to buy a couple extras to keep them in reserve when Logitech stops
making them.  They are great.

Chris
--
Christopher S. Swingley             phone: 907-474-2689
Computer / Network Manager          email: cswingle@iarc.uaf.edu

  safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."  -- Ben Franklin