Re: 2.4.16 kernel crashed

On 2001.12.09 00:35 Balazs Javor wrote:
I had this problem once with 2.2.19pre17, so it's probably
not the kernels fault.
I would bet on the X screensaver as I think I've read somewhere
that has some stability problems.
I might of course be wrong ...
Unfortunatly I newer found the reason :(

I am using the 2.4.16 kernel and my screensaver locked up the machine yesterday, but it recovered without a reboot and I ran "xrefresh" to fix it.

I have seen this problem before with other kernels, and I am assuming that my hardware (my vid card) is the culprit.

--
Andrew