Re: SMTP Server... Allowing remote users to send mail...

On 8 Dec 2001, at 11:46, Brian Nelson wrote:

> Alexander Wallace <awallace@rwsoft-online.com> writes:
>
> > Hello there! I would like to be an SMTP server for some friends that

> Put/change this in your /etc/exim/exim.conf
>
> host_auth_accept_relay = *

I think maybe you should only add the domains for your freinds
otherwise you are an open relay and just a matter of time before you
are either on a RBL list or you bandwidth is increased by spammers
using your mailserver.

Especially now your impending config  alteration is archived and
distributed worldwide via the mailing list :)

-Matt

Core Networks
BH:+61 3 97506642  AH: 0407836506
Computer Sales & Service
Network Installations & Service
Consolidating Internet access company wide, reduces costs!
ask us how!!