Re: how to save my setting of window maker

"Karsten M. Self" <kmself@ix.netcom.com> writes:

> on Fri, Dec 07, 2001 at 05:57:39PM +0800, Yu (raycherng@ms39.url.com.tw) wrote:
> > I set an icon of mozilla and rxvt on the right dock of my desktop on my
> > woody box
> > and then I disable the "keep on top" option
> > but when I reboot ,window maker didn't remenber my setting and return to
> > the origin setting
> > What's wrong with my debian box ,
> > is there any suggestion
> > thanks
>
> In the root applications menu, Workspaces => Save Session.
>
> This will save your current session state.
>
> Using WPrefs, you can explicitly request WindowMaker save session on
> exit.

Theoretically, that should work, but wmaker rarely seems to save the
window positions and attributes correctly for me.  It completely
ignores emacs windows, doesn't save the omnipresent attribute, etc.,
not to mention all the cpu usage bugs that have been appearing lately.
I'm really becoming disenchanted with wmaker.

There's no problem with this guy's box; wmaker just sucks.

--
Brian Nelson <nelson@bignachos.com>
BigNachos@jabber.org