Re: Something more user friendly than XMMS?

A fairly primitive solution, this, but it works.  Have gkrellm with its
"Volume" module installed permanently on the desktop (I use blackbox, so
park it in the 'slit').  Then set up MidnightCommander to play the mp3s
or whatever with the appropriate player when you hit return over it. I
use mpg123 for this, also ogg123 for .ogg files.

It works well here, but I'm not terribly sophisticated in my
requirements.

Glyn

               *          Here we are then.......               *
               * http://members.tripod.co.uk/Christchurch2000uk *