Re: how to disable gnome panel

On Fri, Dec 07, 2001 at 11:18:53PM -0800, Karsten M. Self wrote:
> My problem with numerous GNOME apps (goats comes to mind) is that they
> start the panel.  This is one of several extremely annoying GNOME
> behaviors.  Any possibility to override?

Maybe you're having this problem because goats isn't a GNOME app
proper, but a panel applet? Other panel applets have the same
(irritating) behaviour, but I've never encountered it in any "real"
GNOME applications.

I'm not sure if this is something you can override. Probably not,
unfortunately. If you're averse to running the panel for screen
real-estate rather than memory considerations you could create a tiny
little floating panel that contained only goats... I probably wouldn't
even if I could, though, it's a pretty sensibilities-offending prospect
:).

--

Andrew Sione Taumoefolau
bepempire@optusnet.com.au