Installation Broken!!

Hello,

I am not subscribed to the lists, so please CC any replies to
ian@ichilton.co.uk

I am trying to install Debian woody on x86.

I downloaded linux, loadlin, root.bin and install.bat from:
ftp.uk.debian.org in the woody directory.

When I go to "Install Base System" and Network, whichever mirror I point it to
and whether I use FTP or HTTP, I get this:

Malformed release file
ftp://ftp.us.debian.org:21/debian/dists/woody/Release

If I ALT-F2, I can ping ftp.us.debian.org fine.

Is the woody installation broken?

Thanks

Ian