Re: UPS software

mdevin@ozemail.com.au wrote:

> > I am looking at purchasing a UPS and trying to decide between APC and
> > Best (Invensys).

<snip>

> > So basically I am after some advice regarding the experiences of others.
> > I will probably get a 750VA unit for my home server and would prefer to
> > have access to source code even if the program is not as "flash".
> >
> > Any recommendations / experiences welcome.
> >
> > Regards.
> > Mark.

Hi Mark and others:

After having bought APC for years, I just bought a CyberPower U_S

I got it from Tiger, but I tlked to cyberpower first. Nice folks,
they told me about a web site where Linux software is availible in
source and binaries. It was inexpensive I paid less than $300
including tax and shipping for a 1250VA UPS with automatic voltage
regulation and surge suppression, and it holds three machines for 10
to 15 minutes on power fail, so it has enough battery capacity.

I have no connection in any way with them other than having bought
their product.

Information URL: www.cyberpowersystems.com/faqs.htm

David