Re: Why might sshd have simply stopped?

No mention of ssh in /var/log/syslog* or /var/log/daemon*.  It does look
like there was a security update to ssh; maybe there was some problem
restarting after the upgrade?

Andrew J Perrin - andrew_perrin@unc.edu - http://www.unc.edu/~aperrin
      269 Hamilton Hall, CB#3210, Chapel Hill, NC 27599-3210 USA