Re: Annoying Mozilla behavior

Paul Mackinney <paul@mackinney.net> writes:

> Thanks, I'll definitely check out those sites. Regarding your font
> advice, changing the fonts changed the browser display, but not
> the JavaVM stuff.

Guess that must not've been it then :-)
Since the browser changed and not the JVM, I suspect it's a JVM
bug. Now that I remember, there may've been a mozilla bug for something
similar (probably marked invalid but it may have useful info all the
same). Try searching bugzilla under the OJI component and see what turns
up ("Query Page" link on http://bugzilla.mozilla.org).

Other than the above, I have no idea what the problem might be.

> Speedo is commented out because X won't start if it isn't, dunno
> why because the Speedo directory is there just as specified.

Make sure there's a fonts.alias file in the speedo directory. If not,
run apt-get --reinstall install xfonts-base and it should generate a new
one for you. Running update-fonts-alias (as root) for that directory
should also fix the problem (man update-fonts-alias).