Re: chess program recommendations?

On 05 Dec 2001, Kurt Lieber wrote:
> I'm looking for a good chess program for Debian.  I've done apt-cache search
> chess, so I know the options out there.  I'm looking for recommendations from
> people that have played some/all of them.
>
> Something that has a reasonably intelligent AI so I can play the computer.
> Also, I'd prefer a GUI-based program so I don't have to worry about knight 6,
> king 8 and all that stuff.  And, though this may be far-fetched, a program
> that supported 2-person games over the internet would be ideal.
>
> Any recommendations?
>
> Thanks.
>
> --kurt

Try Crafty. If you can beat it you're a better man than I am, Gunga
Din.

Anthony

--
Anthony Campbell - running Linux GNU/Debian (Windows-free zone)
For an electronic book (The Assassins of Alamut), skeptical

Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our
obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come
from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. [Carl Sagan]