Re: verifying the local files

<quote who="Patrick Hsieh">
> Hello,
>
> If I build my Debian box all from apt-get from official source
> hosts, is there any way to verify the integrity, say, md5sum,  the
> files and directories against the original official source media?
>
> If I am not wrong, rpm -V can verify the integrity via network
> against the official rpm package. What can we do in Debian?

if you use apt-get source -b it will verify it for you.
i know because ive tried to use that method to build modified
source packages and the %#$@$(@T%# thing kept downloading
the original and overwriting my modifications. then i learned
about debian/rules binary and i stopped using apt-get source -b

nate