ARGH!! Now It's WORSE :-(

I'm runing potato + Progeny + 2,4 kernel on 2 machines one at home, and one
at work.

Somehow I have installed something on the machine at work that spits out an
erro meesgae about every 5 minutes about an I/O error on the floppy (which
I NEVER use).

I've posted about this twice in the last week or so, but never goy any
useful answers. So this morning I wnet through dselect trying to compare
packages between teh machines, I dleted a few packages on the machine at
work in an effort to get rid of this (since it make using the console
impossible). Now it's worse! Now in addiation to that error I'm geting
"cdrom: open failed"

HELP PLEAS!!

This _must_ be a periodicly scheduled task. oing a "crontab -l" as root
does not lead me to anythign other than things I have added.

So, how can I figure out what tasks are being run periodicly by various
packages?

--
Stan Brown     stanb@awod.com                                    843-745-3154
Charleston SC.