Re: upgrading debian

On 2001-12-04T11:37:58 +0000, Reena Mahbubani wrote:

> In order to put a newer version of debian linux on my system, do I have to
> remove the other version?

Nope.
When the new stable is out, there'll be new source media (whether it be LAN,
FTP, CD-Images, whatever). Connect to the net and hit apt-get update,
or enter apt-get update and insert the new CDs one by one, following
the On Screen Destructions.
After updating, just enter 'apt-get dist-upgrade'.
This will update your system - checking which packages can be
upgraded, verifying that all dependencies are met, and configuring the
packages (which will prolly need your input; don't worry, if you could
install the system, you'll surely be able to handle this).

-towo