Re: WordPerfect 2000 and unstable

Joachim Trinkwitz <jtr@uni-bonn.de> writes:

> I can't get WordPerfect 2000 for Linux (the version which is based on
> wine) to run under Debian unstable.

I would suggest checking out the Corel newsgroups linked somewhere off
Corel's website.  (Dig, dig... try
http://www3.corel.com/cgi-bin/gx.cgi/AppLogic+FTContentServer?pagename=Corel/TechnicalServices/Newsgroups)
There you are more likely to find people who are still willing to deal
with the festering piece of crap that is WPO2k/Linux.  You might also
try rebuilding corelwine from CVS, which might or might not still be
available at http://opensource.corel.com/sourcecode_cvs.html.  That's
the usual cure for the rampant brokenness in Corel's Linux apps.

That said, I'd recommend you migrate to a package that is actually
maintained as soon as possible.  Corel's Linux apps didn't work well
when they were released, and as you have seen, it's a pain to try to
keep them working as the rest of the world moves on.  Cut your losses
now.

- Alan "Wasted far too much time supporting this junk" Shutko.

The world will end in 5 minutes.  Please log out.