Re: xdm, pam, pam_group, potato - not working

-> thanks! I was looking for exactly the same thing, but failed to understand
-> pam correctly!
->
-> I'm running pam 0.72-9, xdm 4.1.0-9 and login 19990827-20 on Potato, as a
-> reference.

Where did you get that version of xdm for potato?

-> > I use potato and try to set up xdm with pam, for being able to add secondary
-> > groups to users logging in console viia xdm.
-> >
-> > however, using /etc/pam.d/xdm from unstable and configuring group.conf
-> > didn't help;
-> >
-> > I added this line to /etc/pam.d/xdm:
-> >
-> > auth       optional   pam_group.so
->
-> I did this too
->
-> > and this line to /etc/security/group.conf:
-> >
-> > xdm ; * ; Al0000-2400 ; floppy,audio,shutdown
->
-> By my understanding of the group.conf file, you're missing a field. I now
-> have the following two lines, and it works.
->
-> login ; * ; * ; Al0000-2400 ; floppy,audio,cdrom
-> xdm ; * ; * ; Al0000-2400 ; floppy,audio,cdrom

Oh sorry of course i have that one fiels. I did not paste it, i have that
computer at home and I'm writing this mail from work.

I copied the line from login (which works as I want) changed login to xdm
but that doesn't help.

I am not even sure how to detect if xdm calls pam functions. I tried
"ltrace -S" for xdm process  and logged on. Anyway, output of ltrace didn't
show anything about pam and/or opening any pam file...

P.S. I am not member of debian-user list, please Cc: to me.
--
 Matus "fantomas" Uhlar, uhlar@fantomas.sk ; http://www.fantomas.sk/