xdm, pam, pam_group, potato - not working

Hello,

I use potato and try to set up xdm with pam, for being able to add secondary
groups to users logging in console viia xdm.

however, using /etc/pam.d/xdm from unstable and configuring group.conf
didn't help;

I added this line to /etc/pam.d/xdm:

auth       optional   pam_group.so

and this line to /etc/security/group.conf:

xdm ; * ; Al0000-2400 ; floppy,audio,shutdown

the same line with 'login' works.

anyone found similar problem?

P.S. I am not member of this list, please send Cc: to me when replying oor
reply directly.
--
 Matus "fantomas" Uhlar, uhlar@fantomas.sk ; http://www.fantomas.sk/
 I feel like I'm diagonally parked in a parallel universe.