t0rn v8

Hello all,
While running chkrootkit, I got this message (among a bunch of others
saying nothing found):

Searching for t0rn's default files and dirs... nothing found
Searching for t0rn's v8 defaults... Possible t0rn v8 (or variation)
rootkit installed

and

Searching for suspicious files and dirs, it may take a while...
/usr/lib/xemacs-21.4.1/lisp/.cvsignore
/usr/lib/j2re1.3/bin/.java_wrapper

How bad is this - should I panic at this point?  Looking at some
information online, although it is not as exhaustive as I would like,
it seems that the commonest way to deal with this is to reinstall.  I
would love to hear of a different option, if anyone has one.
Looking forward to hearing from you all,
Steve
--
Within a computer, natural language is unnatural.