Re: Resolved: Debian woody with Openoffice. Can not install

--- "Karsten M. Self" <kmself@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
> on Sun, Dec 02, 2001 at 11:35:08PM -0800, George
> Dancheff (linlists@yahoo.com) wrote:
> >
> > --- "Karsten M. Self" <kmself@ix.netcom.com>
> wrote:
> > > on Sun, Dec 02, 2001 at 09:30:09AM -0800, George

> > > That fixes it.
>
> > expected!
>
> > I guess the next time Steve Kuie will first listen
> to the people, then
> > blame the OpenOffice.org!  Yes OO is not
> documented as it has to be,
> > but there are some nice tips on the net if one
> wants to do his
> > best to install and work with OO.
>
> I don't know about Steve, but I'd searched the
> issue, including through
> OO's bugtracking system and release notes.  No dice.
>  Poor marks for OO.
> I subsequently found the OO bug system difficult or
> impossible to use,
> and no response at well known (and solicited even!)
> addresses.

As you saw it is not OO or glibc bug. Don't think if
we like and use Debian all developers like OO team use
it and test their products on it . How to expect them
to know that   libgpcl0 package is needed for setup to
complete and to address the relevant remarks on their
BTS, docs, etc.
If one dont like any open source app (docs , support,
etc), then he/she need to switch towards any closed
source decision. In that case  StarOffice (but I guess
that its setup will break again if you miss this
package and Sun dont even know about that)
> Peace.
agreed.